Thursday 21 January 2010

Freeplay at King Charles

On Tuesday I decided in the end to attend Freeplay at the King Charles pub in Poole as it was nearer and I wanted to find out and report to the fledgling Poole Poets Group at next meeting.

I was not a bit disappointed for although the room upstairs was filled with musicians randomly jamming, two of us were poets. We were encouraged to dig something out to recite to music. I decided to do 'Necropolis...' which features on my website and another short poem 'Windscreen Wives'. It was decided my poetry was suitably apocalyptic for such an occasion. The musicians did a fine job of tracking something with which they were able only to briefly become familiar.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds as if it was a fun night, Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Penny. It was certainly different. Up to Salisbury tonight booked into an Open Mic. Progressing with sorting out my first booklet with a friendly printer whom I know from my Squash days. Very reasonable rate and like you very helpful. He has even mentioned about creating a PDF file for online distribution.I confess that this is competing with my excitement and support for our Andy Murray in his successful progression to the Oz finals. Perhaps I can pick your brains tomorrow about that(PDF!) at Writing Buddies?

    ReplyDelete